Thursday, December 2, 2010

Tehran Almasi Reflection

Tehran Almasi
@02618922

Today's lecture I was given a slip of paper that read "Dr. Sherrill Berryman-Johnson." This was an interesting day because I didn't wake up late nor was a late for class. But I didn't feel rushed or stressed. I did not know who Dr. Johnson was, but while researching information on her, I soon realized that she was a artist and not just any artist. She was a valuable addition to Howard University's faculty, she inspired many students matriculating through Howard by her paintings and teachings, she recently passed away and had her services held at Howard. And when hearing this I thought what better place to hold it, than the place that in my opinion owes her the most for what she has done for us. This blog is to acknowledge Dr. Johnson, she is everything that I as a student of Howard University strive to be. Someone who's selfless sacrifices make the lives of those I come across just that much better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment